This picture is about three years old. Why do I like it?
- Because it’s me, in a former life. I don’t wear necklaces – hell, any jewelry anymore, because I prefer not to get strangled while I’m holding my kid.
- There’s no reason for me to wear glasses to make myself look older – that seems to have come naturally as a result of giving birth and rearing a child.
- My boobs. I miss them while I still had nipples that were pleasant to look at and before my breasts had the life sucked out of them.
- This picture was taken for my new law firm I was starting with my partner in 2008. It reminds me of the things that occupied my thoughts before being a parent, such as my career, my “5-year-plan” – ah, the confidence of the unfettered.
- It’s a picture of me. Just me. I don’t have that many pictures of me alone anymore. Actually, I don’t do much of anything alone anymore.
More about me: I’m the mom of one human baby (and “in a two million-way tie for best mom in the world,” to quote Becoming Super Mommy) with a second on the way.
This is my husband, and DNA contributor to Tiny Boss. I love him dearly, especially because he gives great photo ops.
Lastly, I’m also the proud owner of the world’s most annoying dog, and the world’s nicest dog. Yes, these are two different dogs.
Basically, motherhood has been one wild ride. Like really wild. Like beyond-Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride-wild. I wasn’t prepared for it at all, but is anyone ever?
This blog (sort of) follows me on my new, lifelong journey as a parent. Motherhood is full of uncertainties, but this blog reminds me of the things in my life I am certain of – my love for my child, my love for my husband, and my love of writing.